Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: JSM files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI all
i have a model in JSM and cannot find anything to open them
please help
I don't know why you think this is a subject for free discussion. You talk about a model. Is a static software model or something else ? This is an engineering forum and a minimum expected from an engineer is to give some details at least if he want help. JSM can be many things so be more specific.
ok i am sorry
what i have is a 3D model of a project i am working on (worlds largest De-watering plant for magnetite slurry) and the files have been supplied in a file format of ".JSM"
i do not know this format and am asking for help in identifying the program to use to open and view them.

sorry about the first post i could not find anywhere else to place the question

Regards
Sorry, but have you considered asking that to the person that supplied you the files? It usually is the best option talking to a physical being instead of relying on an Internet forum...
I hope you have already tried google before puting the problem in CivilEA

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html
i think the format was used in a old version of microstation
and yes i have been searching google for a long time
but thanks
After finding a lot of references about JAWS, Java, Mozila and many others i found the real answer.

JSM means Jspace model which is a file format. AutoPLANT has the capability to create JSM files from Import/Export>PlantExchange>JSM>Export option. This format is acceptable in another applications like Bentley Navigator.
Quote:You cannot import JSM model in AutoPLANT.

See this one in Bentley Communites.

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html