Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Re-arrange ( Journals,papers and presentations )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

mowafi3m

Dear Admin. & Forum Staff and friends
about the forum ( Journals,papers and presentations ) my suggestion is to Re- arrange or divide this forum due to the similar subjects and titles
in this forum you can recognize a lot of posts under a similar titles or subjects while the post include (20 - 30) pages
thanks in advance
best regards
with my respect to all
is that matched with the forum rules ??????
maybe I wrong !!! but I think the posts like this , the contributer can collect all his posts under one title - one post , instead of ( spread) like that !!
I'm not moderator and I respect all members here
[Image: 48190670696138132394.jpg]

thanks and regards
all welding journals from AWS are merged into one thread
Dear usman
many thanks for your quick reply
but what about the other posts which I mentioned actually ???
more than (12) posts are telling about one subject !! the relation between vibration and foundation !!! and the contributer repeated the same doing multi times
this posts are worthier to merge than others
I repeat my thanks
Dear mowafi3m,

You are right and i'm afraid no one will merge but read my post (#38) here (in VIP section):

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html
This post was posted in April this year.
At least you can appreciate my intuition.
these vibration and foundation papers are related to the same topic but i am not sure at this stage whether they need to be merged into one thread or not, as they have nothing common except topic (i mean the publisher or journal/organization neither author)

if we have to merge same topic threads (like this one) then it will apply to other (new and old) topics also... eventually it will open up a big amount of moderating work and at times you wont be able to remember whether you will merge some new paper to which existing (already merged) thread topic as topics could be numerous.

i will put this concern in discussion with other moderators and admin in moderators section and we will deal with this concern accordingly.

thanks for your concern.
Dear Admin Deputy (BennyP)

really , all of us here appreciate your talent to detect the problem before it happen

from I read your post at 14/04/2014 I'm following up that member , so I posted my suggestion at 05/05/2014 with (20) days difference when I saw that member (contributions non stop )

I remember your Expression well ( mature posts )

so it is no meaning for anyone to post wide title and make propaganda for (08) pages like the following !!!

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

that post isn't deserve this effort ( it isn't a mature post )

So , for my friend usman

if the case continue with the same mode , the Journals,papers and presentations section will become the worst section in our great forum

many thanks for all
please post your suggestion to arrange it.
Dear Admin,
many thanks for your interest
in my opinion we can divide this forum into 3 sub-forums as the following

- Presentations and Lectures
- Journals and magazines
- Research papers

by this division I think we can solve 70% from the main problem of this forum and make a good control on the first and second sections

about the remaining problem, I think it is too hard to divide or organize the research papers, because this section has miscellaneous subjects & different titles

So, I think it isn't problem to leave the research papers section without dividing - because the majority of members here aren't ACADEMIC

I repeat my thanks
@Moderators, are you agree with this suggestion?
Pages: 1 2