Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Dividing the Books, Codes, Theses, Journals & Papers Request section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I think its better to divide the "Books, Codes, Theses, Journals & Papers Request section" into subsections for Books, Journals, etc.  

Thanks
this suggestion need more suggestions by others.
REQUEST section is, in essence, a complete and generic section and and should be kept as is.

The main problem is the (huge) quantity of answers in this section! I think that will solve only when we create an efficient mechanism for stimulating posts in the correct sections. This is the real problem!

Regards
Comparing our forum to other engineering forums i'm sure we are the best organised and the forum where finding something is easier than in others even using a far to be perfect search engine. It will be nice to continue to improve but many times i see users (sadly even old users) posting requests in wrong places. We still have users never heard about Books, Codes, Theses, Journals & Papers Request section and asking everywhere. What is important is to post the answers in the right place. Dividing more can lead to more problems and work for moderators. As in Software we have Other and don't create for every program a different section and only one request section i think we can continue with this generic section.
My suggestion is to have TWO ebook request sections

1- REQUEST FOR "Books and Codes"
2- REQUEST FOR "Theses, Journals and Papers"

Why - ?... my opinion would be:

A- to be VERY STRICT in "Books and Codes" request section and replies to it.

B- to be VERY (or comfortably) LENIENT in "Theses, Journals and Papers" request section and replies to it.

right now point B is applicable to all requests and that is one reason for this section of not being organized properly
Usman, congratulations!

Make fully sense!
In Progress.
I agree with BennyP, too many divisions can make the forum too clustered. But I think usman has given a fair solution.