Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Unnecessary files using "Your Uninstaller"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear ALL, I recently run the disk cleaner under the software "Your Uninstaller" and surprisingly, I had over 5GB of "unnecessary" files. Is it fine for me to delete these files, wont it affect (negatively) the performance of my laptop?

Regards
@hmwere
Using uninstaller is tricky most of the time. I am not familiar with the uninstaller you are using
I would suggest you to clone your HD before erasing anything
Also watch for each and every folder if they are going to effect your other installed softwares.
For example Revo uninstaller gives you list of bold items to verify, to be safe you have to look carefully if they contain shared materials. Using Revo this way I never had any problem
Regards

• @hmwere
    usually those type of file , majority of time are junk files, uncompleted downloads and temporary files , it happens with me one time , i cleaned up to 3GB using your uninstaller 7.5 pro .
    but still for backup reasons you can do a  clone backup copy using Norton Ghost , Acronis true image ....

[Image: download.png]

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

This post has been made by CivilEA Post-Generator V2.3.1