Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Matlab code: P-M-M, P-M, Mx-My interaction curves for short columns of any shape
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MATLAB code: PMM,PM,MM interaction curves for short columns of practically any shape

Size: 13 KB
[Image: screen.png]
[Image: 56594058943971094035.jpeg]
[Image: 54810329517689080153.jpeg]
[Image: 43684712278123502240.jpeg]
[Image: 25058282621862967855.jpeg]
[Image: 11880012113107766134.jpeg]

[Image: info.png]

The Matlab code for rectangular column interaction curve I posted last week is actually incorrect. The new one I post now can create the P-M-M, M-M, P-M interaction curves for short columns of practically any arbitrary shapes including openings. It has been extensively checked with spColumn v4.81 lastest version that shows excellent agreement.
4 main srcipt m files are included:
- RcolPMMall_1.m ---> rectangular column
- LcolPMMall_1.m ---> L-shaped column
- CcolPMMall_1.m ---> C-shaped column
- CcolPMMall_1w1O ---> C-shaped column with opening.
For typical regular shapes (rectangle, T, L, C, I, Z, Cross, regular polygons), the global coordinates (Xo,Yo,Xbo,Xbo) of the section & reinf bars can be readily built into the program. For an arbitray shape, they need to be specified.
Other files are supporting functions:
- polygeom.m: calculates area & centriodal coordinates of a polygon (this one I gleaned from the web; the rest are my own's)
- fcutpolygon1.m: cuts a polygon into 2 parts, retains & renumbers one of them for use (this is an essential part used to isolate the concrete compression block) + other minor .m files.
The program produces 4 graphs:
- geometry & reinf patern
- 3D P-M-M surface plot
- 2D Mx-My plot for a specified level of axial force P (that you can change)
- 2D P-M plot for a specified angle (GAMMA)of direction of biaxial bending moment
15 levels of P are used (changeable) ---> for some irregular shapes, the surface plot might look jagged in some places where the contours twist a lot.
Download link for Matlab m files below
Note: for correct results, corner points (Xo,Yo) of arbitary shapes are entered CLOCKWISE for main geometry & COUNTERCLOCKWISE for openings.
global coordinates

[Image: tips.png]
Private Note:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

[align=left][Image: download.png]
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

link here
Code: