Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Mediafire site - High Risk Website Blocked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CivilEA Friends,
Many times my Virus Protection Software (Sophos) blocks a download from the site:

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

and sends the following message:
High Risk Website Blocked
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

Access has been blocked as the threat Mal/HTMLGen-A has been found on this website.

Do you get the response from your Virus Protection software?
Thanks in advance.

Till the end of last week I was using Avast at work place and now I have Kaspersky installed. At home I have AVG and none of those three programs ever reported something similar in regards to the abovementioned.

Regards
I use ESET SMART Security 4 and mediafire works fine for me.
Regards,
3fan
I checked with Norton, AVIRA and AVG. Mediafire works fine for me.
Regards,
CACE
(02-20-2012, 05:08 PM)3fan Wrote: [ -> ]I use ESET SMART Security 4 and mediafire works fine for me.
Regards,
3fan

Same with me. With ESET mediafire work fine for me!

Something similar happen to me too (and very frequently with that site and others). I get the following message:

"Harmful web site blocked"

And under that I have the option:

"I want to enter this web site anyway"

When want to download something, just accept to enter that site. But as soon as possible, I perform a complete scan of my computer, including advanced heuristics.

I use F-Secure (Internet Security 2011) with on-line instant updates. If my memory plays right, I think my settings in F-Secure are above normal, as I do a lot of private bussiness operations with my primary computer.