Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Edit images and books fronts from Amazon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To edit images from Amazon (like Book fronts), and delete the uncomfortable arrow over the image you can follow the sequence:

First, Click right in the Image and select "Copy image address"

Secondly, Open a new tab and in the address rule paste the previous link. That is looking like that:
"http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/511b292i9UL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU03_.jpg"

Then, Push enter and you can see the following image (for example):
[Image: 511b292i9UL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic..._OU03_.jpg]

Next, Edit the address in the upper rule this way:
Delete only this part
"_BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU03_."
The new address would see like this:
"http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/511b292i9UL.jpg"
Push enter. You would see this image:

[Image: 511b292i9UL.jpg]

Click right over it and select "Copy Image address"

Put the preceding address in the COVER space of the PostGenerator

Normally, the section "_BO#,###,###,###_######-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,##,-##_#####_####_####_." in the image address is the arrow upper the original image, if you can delete it, you can recover the complete picture.

Regards

I found this, in AvaxHome (thanks):

It is the same but explained graphicaly

You hates that crappy little Amazon "Click to LOOK INSIDE!" arrows and crap little 240x240 pixel book covers raise your hand. OK, don't bother to raise hand. But 4 u posters who get stuck with them or u D/L'erz that want better book cover pic here's easy Amazon address edit to get the nice BIG pic.

1.-

[Image: 000ecf71_medium.jpeg]

2.-

[Image: 000ecf72_medium.jpeg]

3.-

[Image: 000ecf73_medium.jpeg]

4.-

[Image: 000ecf74_medium.jpeg]

5.-

[Image: 000ecf77_medium.jpeg]
You have an e-book to share? You found a link to the e-book you want to share or you've made your own link by uploading the book to some of the filehost services? :clap: OK... Let's share the e-book to CivilEA in proper way AND according to rules of CivilEA. :gamer1:

1. - The Book -
You have a book... e.g. "Dynamic Behaviour of Concrete and Seismic Engineering"
[Image: 85799890277153705518.jpg]

2. - ISBN -
Open the book and find ISBN. In this case we have ISBN: 9781848210714 (In my oppinion this is the most important info of the book when posting this kind of publications in CivilEA). Before posting the e-book you have, and what's most important, to avoid warning points given by moderators, just copy-paste the ISBN in the Search Engine of the CivilEA to find existing thread (SEARCH button in the header of the forum). If the thread with the book you want to post already exists, then you'll post (Code Protected*) mirror link, if not, then follow next steps I've provided for you.

3. - Google and Amazon -
Put your search in Google to find cover image and other appropriate informations of the book (proper title, author, ISBN, description, etc.). Search like this: amazon 9781848210714 (it is enough to make a search using just by words "amazon" and by ISBN like this (or you can make any kind of search on your own to find useful informations):
[Image: 18792426106843095239.jpg]

In most cases the first provided link by Google is the link you want:
[Image: 00359278284614865593.jpg]
Click on the link and follow next few "copy-paste" steps...

4. - CivilEA Post Generator -
Now open CivilEA's Post Generator - you can find POSTGEN in the header of the forum:
[Image: 86745334850820865229.jpg]

Let's do the copy-paste work:
[Image: 54640022977153778646.jpg]

5. - CivilEA Picture Host -
We are not done yet - now comes the cover image to make. Hit the IMAGE button in the CivilEA's Post Generator window:
[Image: 57850542429827586585.jpg]

Go back to the amazon.com (or some other web site you prefere) window with your book in it. Hit the right click on the image and press the COPY IMAGE LOCATION option. Now you go back to the CivilEA Picture Host. Press the URL upload (blue text) and paste the link you have copyed into the Image Hosts' first cell (or whatever cell). You'll have image address like this:
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html
delete the part ._SL500_AA300_ to clean the image of any amazon addons (like arrows, white background or some text if any). Now push the button Start Uploading. In few seconds you'll have your link to the cover image. Copy the link:
(looking like this:
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

) into the second cell of the CivilEA's Post Generator called Cover.

6. - Almost there -

At this point your Generator is filled with all of the appropriate informations and it looks like this:

[Image: 98848674004983034620.jpg]
Now hit the GENERATE button. In the final bottom cell code would appear

Code:

7. - Final Step -

Highlight (select) the code (select by the mouse or press once left mouse button into the code and press CTRL+A on your keyboard to highlight the whole code), right click and select COPY (or press CTRL+C on your keyboard), find the corresponding section of the forum where you want to post your thread, press the button NEW THREAD, paste the Code you've gained by the Generator into the empty cell of the New Thread (you can press CTRL+P on your keyboard to paste the code you've stored) and write the title of the book in the Thread Subject cell (the same title you wrote in the first cell of the CivilEA's Post Generator, the same title e.g. amazon.com provided you). Hit the Preview Post button to be sure what you're going to post and if this is what you want to post just hit the Post Thread button - this is it - you've made one good post in E-Book section of CivilEA. :JC_handshake:

With regards
Grunf

* posting mirror link:

If the thread of the book you want to post already exists, in last cell below you write:

"Mirror link" or "New link" or anything else or just nothing... and then put your link(s) into code to protect it(them). Post link(s) like this:

[code.]your link here[/code.
just without those red dots(.) and your link would look like this:

Code:

** amazon image address

Amazon.com address example:
Code:

the 419E3589WXL part of the address is the title of the image

_BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_ part of the address is the white background of the image, amazon's arrow and the text "Click to LOOK INSIDE!" - YOU DON'T NEED THIS PART of the address

you need just the title and the extension of the image, meaning this: 419E3589WXL.jpg

Dear Grunf,

Thank you for calling my attention to these detailed instructions.

But is amazon the only site wich we can use for getting images and information about the book and post them here?

If the book is not presented in amazon, what shall I do? (For example, ISBN 978-0-309-11766-1 for NCHRP Report 628). Isn't it possible to get the information and the images from another site, or as a last resort, to post any description by mayself?

I think it's better to provode other userers with no so official description of the book, than to post only a link. But what are the rules in such specific cases?

With Regards,
G.
I posted amazon.com as an example because I use this site mostly when making posts. You can use any site you want but please fill all the book information needed.

Best regards
Grunf

p.s. We need as much as possible informations concerning publications in E-Book section to make searching through the forum much easier when using Search Engine. Any information (SIBN, cover image, authors, journal title, volume,...) is a good information. I said we need as much information as possible because people use books, articles and other publications posted here when writing their scientific works, seminars, presentations etc. so they need some references about those publications...