Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Review Section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear Admin,

I would suggest to make a new Section of "Reviews"[/i] where anyone can submit their Spreadsheet, model or any other work for the review of other members. Where people can highlights the mistakes (if any) and make comments for improvements.

I think it would be another step in improving our forum.

Regards,
Dear zbizafar,

Is section `PROBLEMS` exactly you want? I think It`s the same purpose!

Regards

Dell
(08-13-2009, 03:29 AM)Dell Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Dear zbizafar,

Is section `PROBLEMS` exactly you want? I think It`s the same purpose!

Regards

Dell

No I think in problem sections we post our problems.. But here we submit our work.
Like for example, i am doing a project and want second opinion from you guys. i am not facing any problem but want others to review the work anyway may be there is a chance of improvement or may be i made a mistake and it is not evident to me..... and if some one has the time and some one wants to reviews it .. fresh eyes always picks mistakes a lot earlier and easier.

I hope i am clear to you now, Than again it is only a suggestion and its upto you guys :).

Thanks and regards,
other user & moderators:
any suggestion?
Dear Admin, dear zbizafar,

Completing my point of view, I think that you could change the name, putting together the PROBLEMS and REVIEWS. (something like REVIEW/PROBLENS).
If we have a huge movement, in the future we could consider separate then! (or create sub-sections inside)
As the example of the post of ASUMI recently, my opinion is that a excessive number of sections causes more confusing than organization.
It's only my opinion!

My best regards

Dell
After the last changes the forum is more organized but more complicated too.
I feel in the last days something like aftershock (in earthquake terms) and less participation. For me the problem is the lenght of the first page (and I work in very high resolution).
My suggestion for Admin is: the main page will include only the main sections and every one will open in a new page. In the free space of the first page you must put a disclaimer about the use of software only for try and not for production and the rules in a more visible manner. I'm not sure the users don't read the rules because they are lazy or they don't see this row. In my vision the first page is like a gateway for the content.
We are not a small family today and I cannot send everybody private messages but sometimes giving warns I ask my self if the user is guilty or we didn't give him enough support.
I agree with BennyP on the index page. Sometimes I login to the forum with my mobile phone and with new long index page it takes time to check and roam.
I Disabled some features in home page (e.g. who is online today? or overview, ...).
but you can minimize each section by clicking +, & have a small home page & enter each section that you wants by clicking its title,

anyway i will try to make smaller home page, but it need to change our script that i don`t have enough knowledge ...

[Image: oot8ux2mx69nd3xv4tua.jpg]
Sorry Admin,

The last posts at the bottom of page was important. This was the rapid way to identify the last posts and to see if need moderation. Now we need to search all posts.
Please Admin,
The Board Statistics we can see at Forum Stats (Most replies and Most views) but the last post not and this one is verry useful. This is a must in every forum for founding fast without opening every section.
Pages: 1 2