Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Thesis topic for structural or earthquake engineering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear civil engineers and friends

In fact, Im a master student (I have finished my first semester as a master), and I am looking for a topic for my thesis because I want to start my thesis in 2nd semester.
Rightnow, I study different papers and books for getting idea regarding thesis, I prefer to work on structural and earthquake topics, but it is too difficult to find a gap in contemporary science! on the other hand, I have to work on a subject which could be finished in 3 semesters, therefore I have not to much time for heavy experimental thesis.
what is ur suggestion? how can I find a good topic which base on outstanding theoretical and practical fields(as a master thesis not Phd)?

I have passed these relative courses(in bachelor and master):
matrix analysis of structure, finite element analysis, advanced strength of material,dynamics of structures, earthquack engineering and some other courses in material such as creep and shrinkage of concrete and ...

Yours sincerey
Arash
dear arash

You may do your Mtech thesis on
1.Displacement based design
2.incremental dynamic analysis have idea dysis

lot of material is available on forum

dear arash

you can also try to do thesis on Vibration control of structures ( tuned mass damper or tuned liquid dampers ), aerodynamics of bridges / tall structures, fluid-structure interaction, soil-structure interaction etc.

best wishes

Me too,

Can you help me or even, can you give some advice or suggestion on how can i do my thesis regarding squat shear walls.

Thanks..