Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Late Warning from Moderator!?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Moderators are doing excellent jobs to keep CivilEA going strong. But some time it seems that they are overdoing some stuff. For example I received a warning today (14/3/11) from a moderator "usman" regarding a post on 17/7/2009!?!? I am not sure why I got the warning because the matter was not a problem in 2009. He could have just corrected the post to current practice without giving me a warning.

I look forward to an explanation.

Shuvo
All posts don't comply with forum rules, moderators have their right/judgment to warn or not warn users. Your post may not be seen by anyone of moderators. If I have to edit transparent link, I'll warn users no matter what date. Moderator keep rules in order, users post according to forum rules, it will not make you any trouble unless you've never read forum rules.

You posted contrasting to forum rules, warning points is suitable.
Please remember, keep posting according to forum rules.

Regards,
Kowheng
Protector

@shuvo

On 14 March 2011, rigid_joint replied in the following thread with post#9.

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

Just scrolling up a few posts, I found your post#7 with a tranparent link in it, I made it coded and send warning (this probably was overlooked in past - remember we moderators are also just like others and human error is always there).

Hope it clarifies...

Now while searching for the post (above thread) for which you was warned, I found another post of yours with transparent link in it, post#2 of following thread:

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

I am not sending another warning for this so that you shouldn't feel as its something personal.

We moderators have guidelines set by Admin and these are available for all users in the form of CivilEA Manual, we all moderators have to comply to it.

Hope it further clarifies... rest all is already made transparent by kowheng.

Regards
I understand your notes and agree with it.

However, my point was regarding my post in 17/7/2009 when I believe post generators were not available let alone CivilEA Manual which came on 23/12/2010, more than a year from my post. So how is it possible that I break a rule when it was not even a rule then?

In future hopefully above will not be a problem anymore.

Rules, particularly "transparent link" was issued since forum established(2008). CivilEA Manual came later, it just comply all rules/introduction for easily reference. Please don't complain too much while you break forum rules & got warning. It's may consider as you don't respect "CivilEA Forum's Rules".
Take a look to rules posted in Forum Discussion section.
The first 7 rules (transparent links are in rule 2) was posted by Admin at 30.01.2009.
The post was modified at 09.06.2010 when i asked Admin to add rules 8-15. You can see the dates in the first row of rules post.