Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Adding ( Undo ) buttons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Admin and moderators
From success to another (the CIVILEA ) mount up to the top
my suggestion is adding (Undo) buttons to the dialog box in the new thread or new reply
this buttons make us able to retreat when we need , and instead of assign and delete

for example when you make align text or image to the ( center ) and you changed your mind to the right , there is no way to retreat , it should to assign and delete the ( align ) tags
thanks in advance
Dear mowafi3m,

I believe "undo" button is not necessary. Before you decide to post your thread or reply, firstly press the Preview Post button to see the look of your post and only if you are happy with the post you see, then press Post Reply button. Beside this, I believe all of our members have the 30 minute right to delete or edit their posts. All in all, you are always welcome to report your post if it needs to be deleted by the fourm staff.

In conclusion to this, I believe we don't need undo button here.

With regards,
Grunf
Dear Grunf ,
you are right , but it isn't the point which I'm talking
my suggestion about the tools which make you able to correct your text , align etc without needing to (assign words or tags ) and delete it
any way my suggestion will still only suggestion
regards

I didn't understand you well... When you write something wrong and you'd like delete this text, just press CTRL+Z (like in microsoft word) - this works like undo.

Regards,
Grunf
We added new ability to users.
now you can Edit your post up to 30 Min after posting...

Wink
Dear Admin,

I agree and I thank this implementation, but, as we follow the correct Grunf´s settings, it is very difficult, if not impossible, for us to know if the post is within the tolerance of 30 minutes before edit it, delete it or warn it!
I remember that it should be a habit, since we're talking about engineers, use the preview feature before posting.
I agree that any post should be able to edit, but members need to know they will not have the tolerance to 30 minutes without the risk of being admonished by a bad post.

It´s my point of view!

regards

Dell Brett
there is no rule to warn or delete bad post after 30 min, this is only a advise.
user before posting can preview their post 7 after they ensure all things is ok post it.

we added this ability to reduce moderating duty, sometimes user found problem in their post & fix it.

I tell it again "There is no rule" Embarrassed
Quote:I agree that any post should be able to edit, but members need to know they will not have the tolerance to 30 minutes without the risk of being admonished by a bad post.

I agree with Dell Brett. Too much times (30 minutes) for not being warned or posts will not be edited. If moderators can do nothing with the first 30 minutes, it seems that bad/spammed users have immunities to their faults.

Regards,
Kowheng
(04-22-2011, 12:42 PM)kowheng Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I agree that any post should be able to edit, but members need to know they will not have the tolerance to 30 minutes without the risk of being admonished by a bad post.

I agree with Dell Brett. Too much times (30 minutes) for not being warned or posts will not be edited. If moderators can do nothing with the first 30 minutes, it seems that bad/spammed users have immunities to their faults.

Regards,
Kowheng

i`m fully agree with you,

(04-22-2011, 12:38 PM)Admin Wrote: [ -> ]there is no rule to warn or delete bad post after 30 min, this is only a advise.
user before posting can preview their post 7 after they ensure all things is ok post it.

we added this ability to reduce moderating duty, sometimes user found problem in their post & fix it.

I tell it again "There is no rule" Embarrassed