Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Bentley Microstation v8i 08.11.05.17 Portable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bentley Microstation v8i 08.11.05.17 Portable

[Image: info.png]
Portable version. License at 12/12/2028.

The link is for a torrent. The file from download is about 800 MB. I used Vuze for downloading (a very good client based on Azureus).

[Image: screen.png]

[Image: 94586595917613483324.gif]

[Image: Download.png]

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

[Image: password.png]

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

IMPORTANT NOTICE: You may use this software for evaluation purposes only.
If you like it, it is strongly suggested you buy it to support the developers.
By any means you may not use this software to make money or use it for commercial purpose.
As per my knowledge, there is one thing very important to consider dealing any portable software

Most of the software while installing use to install some free softwares packages or updates.... i use to call them pre-requisites to that software

for example... if a software need "dot net framework 3.5 sp1" for smooth running, then during the installation of the software, it install that pre-requisite either packed within the installer package or it will go to internet and download and install or it will ask the user to do it first ... or the software will not let the user to install it completely

sometimes that pre-req is already installed on the machine on which the software is being installed and will be made portable lateron... and so the installer need not go and repeat it again

but in case of portable software that pre-req has to be there on that machine where this portable software has to run and user of that machine dont know which pre-req is required by this software (portable)

for example:... if i have to run a portable software 'ABC' which need pre-req 'dot net framework 3.5 sp1' which is not installed on my computer... then that portable will not work properly on my machine and i wont be knowing why its not working

so the easy way to this solution from my side is ...its always better to mention pre-req packages with the portable software links that are needed to run that portable software smoothly

This all above text is for general guidance....it may be or may not be applicable to 'Bentley Microstation v8i 08.11.05.17 Portable' of this thread...but could be helpful for some or most viewers of this thread
I think usman is in the right way.

1. The program works (see screenshot) and this screenshot is from my computer running the program.
2. Sometimes portable programs works in the creator computer but not in other computers because some perequesites exist in his computer but not in others. I remember a portable program posted by aslam here (he made it) giving an error. After installing and removing the non portable version of the same program the portable began to work (some needed components installed and present now in the system). This is not a real portable program.
3. I checked the program in Windows 7 64 bit where Bentley programs was never installed so the only thing i can see is the .NET Framework missing or not updated. Many new programs need the .NET and don't forget new operating systems include components that older systems must update.
4. Usualy the install package of a software using other components is programed to check and ask for the missing component but the portable is installed already and don't ask.
5. Checking my Updates History (windows 7) i saw about 130 updates (important and recommended only not the optional) and you can imagine the number of updates needed by older systems.
6. Maybe you don't need this portable Microstation and maybe the creator made a mistake when he didn't include some perequisites in his portable (but in this case the exe will be bigger) and a 800 MB portable program is enough, we don't want 1200 MB only because our operating system is not up to date.
7. Even if you don't like Bill Gates and the monthly updates try to keep your system updated and you will receive less errors.