Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Internal EXCEL passwords remover
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The following .xls file can be used to remove internal protections in excel (i.e. workbook & worksheet).

Instructions after downloading the file from the given link:

1. Load the file: "allinternalpasswords.xls" in excel
2. If asked, Enable Macros
3. Go to: File > Open...
4. Select and open the excel file you want to remove the protection from
5. Go to: Add-Ins > Remove Passwords or if older version execute/run macro with name "allinternalpasswords.xls!AllInternalPasswords"
6. After macro finishes task (it takes some seconds depending also on PC speed), save the unprotected workbook with a new name.
7. Your coffee is getting cold, have a sip now.

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

Direct Link:
[attachment=1132]

WARNING: SOME EXCEL WORKBOOK AUTHORS INCLUDE ALGORITHMS THAT CHECK IF THE WORKBOOK HAS BEEN ALTERED OR UNPROTECTED. IN SOME CASES THE UNPROTECTED WORKBOOKS CAN GIVE FALSE RESULTS AND/OR LOSE FUNCTIONALITY. ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK!!!

Also, if you modify an excel workbook by unprotecting it and you post it here, also post the original one and make a note about this in your post. Engineering is an exact science; mistakes can cost lives, money ans careers so we should be careful when modifying original code.
There is a more simply way, use openoffice excell, it crashes almost all of the microsoft excell passwords.
Dear Cadtfoi,

I doubt your way is more simple. The Openoffice pack is 148 MB to download and it takes also time to download, install as well as unnecessary hard drive space if you just need it for once to remove a worksheet protection. Also it is not 100% compatible with Micr0s0ft Excel, the same for Google docs etc.
The .xls file I posted is just 28 Kb, it needs no installation and it is made for MS Excel.

Cheers
(12-23-2010, 10:22 AM)shpatone Wrote: [ -> ]WARNING: SOME EXCEL WORKBOOK AUTHORS INCLUDE ALGORITHMS THAT CHECK IF THE WORKBOOK HAS BEEN ALTERED OR UNPROTECTED. IN SOME CASES THE UNPROTECTED WORKBOOKS CAN GIVE FALSE RESULTS AND/OR LOSE FUNCTIONALITY.

shpatone - can you please provide some insight and/or details of these algorithms. I am curious and asking for educative purpose.
The Function code for checking if a worksheet or workbook is protected is (scroll inside window) :

PHP Code:
Function IsProtected(objXL As Object) As Boolean
Dim wksht 
As Excel.Worksheet
Dim cell 
As Excel.Range

Select 
Case TypeName(objXL)
  Case 
"Worksheet"

If objXL.ProtectContents Then

' still doesn't mean you can't edit the worksheet!
     Select Case Cells.Locked
        Case True ' 
all cells are locked AND worksheet is protected

IsProtected True

Exit Function

End Select
    End 
If
  Case 
"Workbook"

If objXL.ProtectStructure Then
      IsProtected 
True

Exit Function

End If
    For 
Each wksht In objXL.Worksheets

If wksht.ProtectContents Then

' still doesn't mean you can't edit the worksheet!
       Select Case Cells.Locked
          Case True ' 
all cells are locked AND worksheet is protected

IsProtected True

Exit Function

End Select
      End 
If

Next wksht

Case "Range"

If objXL.Cells.Count 1 Then

If (objXL.Locked And objXL.Parent.ProtectContents) Or (IsProtected(objXL.Parent.Parent)) Then
        IsProtected 
True

Exit Function

End If
    Else
      For 
Each cell In objXL

If (cell.Locked And cell.Parent.ProtectContents) Or (IsProtected(cell.Parent.Parent)) Then
          IsProtected 
True

Exit Function

End If

Next cell
    End 
If
End Select
End 
Function 

The usage is (scroll inside window) :

PHP Code:
Dim wkb As Excel.Workbook
Set wkb 
ActiveWorkbook
If IsProtected(wkbThen
  Msgbox 
"It's protected!"
End If
' or
Dim wksht As Excel.Worksheet
Set wksht = ActiveSheet
If IsProtected(wksht) Then
  Msgbox "It'
protected!"
End If
' or
Dim rng as Excel.Range
Set rng = Range("
A3")
If IsProtected(rng) Then
  Msgbox "
It's protected!"
End If 

For more explanations go to:

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

I don't think that such 'protection check' can really work, as you can always see and change the program code to bypass it.

If you want to protect your code, just make a XLA file using Office 95 (not 97 or newer).
It seems to me that it's not a professional attitude to use MS-Office for commercial application development, but you can see enough examples for people trying to make money this way.
I agree with you ynopum, the protection can be bypassed, but don't forget that the average user does not know how to do that. Also the code can be encrypted, so then it gets more difficult to "see" anything.
hey guys i've tried this excel sheet, it works on simple excel sheet but it does not work on LOCKED.XLS file and STK3lock.xla files. Can anyone have a file or a software to remove a protected sheet on LOCKED.XLS file and a STK3locked.xla file? Please!

regards

Jeff
Try Excel Utilities, its a free Excel Add-ins. This have a command Break Password that worked fine for me.

Code:

(12-23-2010, 10:25 AM)cadtfoi Wrote: [ -> ]There is a more simply way, use openoffice excell, it crashes almost all of the microsoft excell passwords.

that is right, and i tried and working fine.

openoffice source download:
Code:

Code:

here a picture for sample file & steps:

[Image: 17935923285006700506.png]