Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Who is the Invisible User(s)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While searching, I observed that an Invisible User appears. The other people in the copied " " below are incidental, and I can go to their profile. But not the Invisible User(s). It is blanked out.

I really find this upsetting. This must be addressed. Do we have a Big Brother watching???

"avscorreia, peixoto, ravisbassi, shpatone, 1 Invisible User(s)"
Dear ravisbassi,

You mentioned invisible users - there are many of them (I don't want to mention other names, but, lets say it this way - I'm just one part of the Big's Eye watching all of you all the time)... There is no need for ordinary members to know about invisible users - if those users like some privacy - let it be so. The only ones who needs to see invisible members are Forum Team - we see all of you invisible or not because we need to control this forum in some way - we need to know all of the members using this place. Sometimes there are bad users (using bad words, making lot of spam, or copy-paste our exclusive material to other places) - we track them down and ban (temporary or permanently - depends on the fault he/ she made).

With regards,
Grunf
(12-22-2010, 07:54 PM)Grunf Wrote: [ -> ].. There is no need for ordinary members to know about invisible users - if those users like some privacy - let it be so. ..........because we need to control this forum in some way

My sincere regards to the forum. It is reflected in the fact that till right now I have thanked 613 times and received 74 in my own contribution - check my profile. This is a very healthy reflection on the forum. A rough calculation would be that I gained EIGHT times.

I do take issue with the idea that There is no need for ordinary members to know about invisible users - if those users like some privacy - let it be so.

Either we have transparency, or let this degrade. I believe ADMIN's shout is DREAMY CEA. The dream also should be ours. That is why I am writing this.

Also, Grunf, words like control, or we need to see who is in the forum etc. are indicative of as if this is personal fiefdom. I can continue writing, but you see where I am getting at.

I see very positive signs about the forum. It is getting democratic, and a healthy discussion is reinvigorating.

Dear ravisbassi,

I'm member of other forums where you can be invisible - this is something ordinary. I'm invisible as from the time I become member of this forum. It is importatnt you see my posts but not me. You can make other members to be visible - it is their right to use all of the tools and opportunities forum provide for them.
I mentioned word "control" - maybe it's an add word, but I can't find better one. You just can't imagine how many problems we would have if Forum Team isn't in posibility to see hidden members - even now we have (not worthy to mention) problems. Every member has its own right to be hidden (invisible) - most (if not all) forums works that way.

I can tell you only this - most of hidden members are those making no posts of any kind not even pressing THANKS button. They are hidden and quiet - I'm OK with this.

I hope I answered your question in a right way. I must admit, I haven't understand all of the text you've wrote.

With regards,
Grunf
Grunf, Nothing personal.

As I mentioned, this forum is becoming active, and I see signs of some feastiness(?) (rough meaning - fight like brothers, and at the end of the day, share a beer). Your English is fine.

Do check your email. I send you one an hour ago.

All this discussion is against the forum guidelines. What the heck. All rules have an exception, otherwise they cannot be rules. Have a great trip to Lisbon.