Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Duplicate thread & seach engine of our forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Member of CivilEA
I ever wrote about error of our forum search engine.
Before posting new book / software I always use forum search engine, but twice my posting warning because ever posted by others [ this happen last month ]
I get clue ( possibility reason ) about this matter : only VIP, moderator & Admin having full access to this group, maybe the forum seach engine only can seach for common forum ( forum access for non VIP, Moderator & Admin ) then the materials that available in "VIP, Moderator, Admin" maybe untouchable by the forum search engine.
And "duplicate thread / materials" maybe caused by this matter
Thanks
Paladin
i suggest you, use google site search, it is stronger that our internal search.

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

it is hard to change our internal search engine, need to programing, also internal search engine uses more & more server capacity
Could you Add this Link in Forum header?
Dear Admin
I propose idea : "search this forum & Go button" disabled / removed & replaced with :
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

where it will be placed at below "User CP" ( top-left-handside of CivilEA windows ) or could be placed at forum header ( as Kamran idea )
Thanks
Paladin
I'm sorry but I have to say this: I never have had any problems with CivilEA's Search Engine, but when I try to access above mentioned search engine:

Code:

I get this message in picture below along with the 404 error (not found):

[Image: 03843809003971406826.jpg]

I think we don't need another or new search engine because this Search Engine we have today works just fine - by typing key words of the book you need or by typing authos surname or ISBN you can get what you want in no time - works for me every day. It works as I was only ordinary member of this forum and it still works for me...

Best regards
Grunf
As the new search engine appeared I've made a test:

I've typed ISBN (0415463440) of the book posted in only one thread (I've moderated this thread so I know this is no duplicated thread) and by using new search engine I get two results of the same thread - it is cinfusing for me because I thought the thread is duplicated but it isn't.
Here is the screenshot of the search result:

[Image: 01755586392009704666.jpg]

You can make a search on your self using the same ISBN to check this...

And afterwards I tryed to use old Search Engine of the CivilEA and it don't work and more (404 Not Found error)? A bug or it is turned off? As I said in post before - I like CivilEA's old Search Engine, so it'll be great to have this search engine back...

With regards
Grunf
enjoy new google search engine ....

it is powerful search engine...

test & report me :w00t: