Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Subframe Analysis using MasterSeries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Forum users,
I am trying to carry out a sub-frame analysis using MasterSeries software(An analysis and Design software to BS/EC and SABS codes of practice).
Under the Designer Suites>> Master beam: Concrete beam Designer, i can easily apply the safety factors of 1.4 and 1.6 as per BS requirements for dead and live loads respectively.
I would like to compare the force results(say moments, reactions and shears) as per British(BS) and EC(Euro) codes of practice.
I happen to face a problem here, for values less than 1.4 in the factor of safety for dead load, the program will not accept entry of the value say 1.35 as per EC requirements.
The live load entry box seems to be accepting all values and thus working as per expectations.
Is there any rectification to this anomaly or could it be a bug that the medicine did not take care of?
Please advise.
Thanks
try to offset in the superimposed dead load input.

say u have 10kN/m self weight and 5kN/m superimposed dead load.

(1.40-1.35)x15 = 0.75kN/m, then u use 4.25kN/m as superimposed dead load.
Please Concreteok, may you elaborate more on your provided solution.
I would like to input 1.35DL + 1.5LL as per EC2 requirements.

An example/illustration/procedure, whichever is applicable, in regard to this will be of great help.
Thanks Concreteok for your reply.
In Subframe Analysis to find the moments in the beams, we may not need the self weight of the columns. By using the self weight input in Masterseries, it means that the self weight of the columns will be included in the analysis which should not be the case, as i will be getting different results from my manual calculations.
As per your example, if i take 15KN/m as my dead load and instruct the program not to consider selfweight (and having it in mind that i will do three analyses:All spans loaded,even and odd spans loaded),then the offsetting maybe a little bit tricky here.
Wont i need still to use 1.35 and 1.5 factors?
In your case, what factors will you use and will they be applicable for the three cases?
Regards
HMWere.