Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Creating Bi-Linear Curve of Pushover Analysis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear members of Civilea
I need help
I want to create bi-linear curve of pushover analysis manually.
I use etabs.
After the pushover curve done, plz guide how to calculate Ki, Ke and 'alpha' so that I can create the bi-linear curve
Thanks & waiting your help
Paladin
Greetings do not know if I understood well, but what you want to do is get the bilinear curve, well this is a process see:
1-Create capacity curve of the structure, plotting the base shear against the maximum shift in the highest level of the building, this representation is constructed in the first mode. This is valid for periods less than or equal to 1 second, for periods longer than 1 second to use the effect of higher modes.
2 - We need to determine the seismic demand, to estimate it using a technique called "equal displacement approximation, it is assumed that the inelastic spectral displacement is the same as the elastic displacement.
3 - You must convert the curve of capacity spectrum curve capacidad.y also convert the standard spectrum and spectrum capacity (ADRS).
4 - With these curves if you can build the curve bilinear capacity spectrum.

excuse my poor English, but try to he

Jaime
"equal displacement approximation". It's now rule
"well known equal displacement rule".

ADRS(Accelartion - Displacement Response Spectrum).
I think it's unnecessary

regards.
Hi Paladin,

you can find the complete info in chap.8 of ATC-40 regarding this matter including capacity spectrum method (ADRS).

regards