Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Chartered Structural Engineer ( Istruct)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all,

I want to become a chartered structural engineer (IstrucE) is anyone a menber of it here?.. please help. please guide me what to do..... helpppppp...

thanks in advance
Hello.

Please check the Institution of Structural Engineers' website. They have plenty of information there.

HereĀ“s the link to their website:

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

Greetings.
I am a commitee member of the Malaysia Division and a Member of IStructE for the past 15 years. Most of the information of becoming a member can be obtained from the website above. If you have any doubts you can contact Darren of IStructE UK directly.
Hi dvng and avs thanks for your reply. ... i have morethan 8 years of experience in design, am i qulaified to be a member? please guide me. do you have any contact information or email address of darren ? thanks in advance. need your help really.
The prerequsite for IStructE is a recognised degree from any Washington Accord countries. If you are not from these countries, you may be required to apply on a case to case basis. Darren email can be found from the website or [email protected].
hi dvng,

could you please give some tips or guide how to pass this institution???you can directly sant to my email,.. really need help from a person like you....

thanks
If you have a sound experience in Structural Design preferably in a design office, you shouldn't have a problem. However, a lot of people fail to grasp basic structural principles such as structural stability to appreciate the Institution exam. Time management and varied experiences in different type of structures is important. It is an adavntage if you get together similar like minded engineer like yourself and start studying past paers. We have a study group in Malaysia which does thois on a regular basis about 6 months before the examination. We are also in contact with one of the examiner in Singapore whom we use as a foreign correspondent. But first of all, you need to get yourself registered as a Graduate Member with the Institution before you proceed further. Good Luck.