Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Repost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way to avoid reposting of ebooks in different thread? I think we should regulate it now most

especially the E-books section, before our forumn became populated with similar contents with different thread

title; which sometimes we think it's different from the previous thread but the content is just exactly the same.

Our forum is extremely the best source of information that is why it is a must to maintain its integrity.
Dear Staad:
In this moment I try to organize the book section, looking for repeat books to mark they, for notify to Admin later to delete them the repeated books or pass they to another section or do something with them.
The work is no easy, and no short, because some books are the same but are posted with another name, and I need to have sure that the book is repeated and their original link is good, because sometimes our collaborators repost books because the original links don't work. Some times is the same book but another edition.
I will try to do something asap to organize this section.
Nowadays There are more than 30 pages of e-books posted
Thanks a lot for you opinion
Regards
(06-18-2009, 06:24 PM)oanm2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Staad:
In this moment I try to organize the book section, looking for repeat books to mark they, for notify to Admin later to delete them the repeated books or pass they to another section or do something with them.
The work is no easy, and no short, because some books are the same but are posted with another name, and I need to have sure that the book is repeated and their original link is good, because sometimes our collaborators repost books because the original links don't work. Some times is the same book but another edition.
I will try to do something asap to organize this section.
Nowadays There are more than 30 pages of e-books posted
Thanks a lot for you opinion
Regards

I think we can help you locating those duplicates.

Hello everyone, just report to our dear friend oanm2000 if you find any duplicates, then our friend here will decide which one to delete.
Thanks a lot in advance for your cooperation!!
Please, if you localize a duplicate book, send me the name and date of the posts (all of them).
I will check the links first...
Regards and Thanks again!!!
Dear Admin, Moderators and Colleagues,

Since we have a lot of new sections on our web, there's a lot of new posting are same like in archived post..
Shall we reupload again our files to each new sections ?

regards
robertsasmita
our moderator "oanm2000" try to moved each thread in archive to new sections.

this is hard but "oanm2000" try to do this
Dear Colleagues:
After moving more than 250 books to the appropriate section, I must agree with Robertsas of which there are many repeated books, some with problems upon the Links.
But I must also indicate the following thing: In order to move 250 books, without reviewing them nor verifying the Links, I have taken almost three days with at least three hours of dedication at day. If I make the estimation of which it stops to verify each Post I must realize the downloading and check that each Link is active, and verify the general content of each book to be able to move it to the correct section, must spend a minimum of 10 to 15 minutes by Thread, which would allow to review and to transfer a maximum of 12 to 16 books per day. If they are 550 books to review, to verify and to move, they would be about 40 days of continuous work.
Now, all least a 15% or a 20% of the books are reposted (the statistic that I have says me that one to two of each 10 books Post is books already Posted in the Forum), I would have about 30 days of work only to bring up to date the Book Section. That supposing that more books will not Post in the Forum.
A not at all encouraging panorama for me. What is my strategy? And ordering books, passing them to the suitable section, soon to come to verify and to discard. This way already I have eliminated about 4 or 6 reposted books, more or less.
Regards
Dear oanm2000, dear Colleagues;

How about to have 10 "volunteers" and divide the list in 10 parts? And each volunteer verify his correspond part if link is ok!, if have a duplicate and different edition of the same title (to keep the most recent)?
If it´s sounds nice, I´m a candidate to be one!
The volunteers does not needs a moderator rights! They just will make a list and send to oanm2000!

Regards

Dell
Good idea, Dell!
If you can elaborate a list of repeated books, it's well received.
If someone want to collaborate with this task, it's well received too.
Regards
oanm2000
(08-17-2009, 09:46 PM)oanm2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Good idea, Dell!
If you can elaborate a list of repeated books, it's well received.
If someone want to collaborate with this task, it's well received too.
Regards
oanm2000

Yeeahh..
I wanna be a voulenteer too..
Let's work together brother oanm2000..

ps: better each of us have 4shared.com account, as temporary server for our web, it's free..

regards,
robertsas
Pages: 1 2