Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: base shear...........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
dear friends

hi friends i hv solved one RCC building by dynamic analysis using etabs but i m unable to read the output results of story shear can any body explain....... i hv solved same problem manually i got base shear 1320KN.........i hv attached file also plz help me.....

[Image: etabs.png.html]

etabs file
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html
Not only we cannot see your image but you don't respect one of our rules - imges only in our image host.
(03-28-2010, 09:37 AM)BennyP Wrote: [ -> ]Not only we cannot see your image but you don't respect one of our rules - imges only in our image host.

hey sorry

[Image: 13276902912401582011.png]
hallo to all....best wishes, I'm preparing a thesis on the behavior of flat-plate structures, I use to analyze the SAP2000 program. if anyone can help me how to define the "hinge-properties" on the plate, then that can be analyzed with analysis of phushover. Another thing is how to summarize the value of the moment on the column strip and the middle strip. thanks
Why do you want to assign hinge properties to the plate? The plate should remain elastic! Only the columns should have hinges! My advice is to start with an equivalent frame and analyze that with pushover. If you want hinges in the plate it is much simpler in this way.
Dear vijaycv404,
In order to see the base shear results of your analysis follow the steps below. Hope they will help.
1) Go to Display >> Show tables
2)From the next form under "Building output" select "Storey shears"
3) On the right Click "Select cases/ combos", to display the "select output" form. From this form select the output case for which you want the base shear, say EQX, EQY etc( a lateral load case).
4) OK both forms to see the next table of results ie the storey shears table. Suppose you chose EQX, under storey shears VX, the shear will be maximum at the base. this is the base shear. For your case it will be your last storey at the bottom, say the ground floor( whatever the case may be)